Frank here sharing some nice Holiday cheer! For me the most exciting thing about Christmas is the tree of course. Every year I go out and buy ornaments for my tree, it has always been a gold themed tree with gold colored ornaments. This year though, I decided to make a little ornament of my own. We sometimes have a few leftover flowers, or maybe a small embellishment or two left and cannot find a way to use it. Here is a nice and simple tutorial on making your own Christmas Ornament Prima style.
First here are some supplies you will need:
#561383 Interlude White Flowers
#547424 Precious Metals Col Gilded
#891480 Fly Away Resin Birds
#560010 Zephyr Trinkets
Also these items you can find at your local craft store:
Clear glass or plastic ornament, fairy dust, and super gloss heavy gel, glitter
- Begin by taking your plastic ornament and pouring some glitter inside of it. You can choose any color you like. I just chose gold because it's my favorite.
- You can also add a bit of the fairy dust inside too. This is basically fine broken up glass. It has a very beautiful shimmer.
- Next, take your super gloss gel medium, this has a thick matte consistency but dries clear. Using a brush, cover the bottom half of the ornament with this gel. Make sure to give it a thick coat.
- Pour some fairy dust onto a glitter tray. Take your ornament and cover the gel medium with this dust. Make sure to cover it completely.
- Next, let this completely dry. Depending on the temperature it will take a few hours to completely dry. Once it is clear it's dry.
- Take your leftover embellies and begin layering your flowers, leaves and the resin.
- Finally tie a nice bow and hang on your tree! Watch as the fairy dust leaves a beautiful shimmer effect with the lights of the tree!